CSMS is an incorporated, non-profit organization with these goals:
- To promote and disseminate knowledge of the earth sciences, especially as they relate to mineralogy, lapidary, and fossils.
- To encourage study, collection and fashioning of minerals.
- To accomplish the same through social meetings, lectures, programs, displays, shows, and field trips.
- The Pick & Pack is published monthly by the Colorado Springs Mineralogical Society.
- Our Constitution and Bylaws.
Meetings are the Third Thursday of each month, except August and January, at 7:00 PM, at the Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center, 530 Communication Cir, Colorado Springs, CO 80905. Visitors are always welcome at our monthly meetings.
CSMS offers Satellite Group meetings that allow more focused attention to specific areas of our members’ interests. Our current Satellite Groups consist of the following: Crystal Study Group, Faceting Group, Fossil Group, Jewelry Group, Lapidary Group, Micromounts Group, and Juniors/Pebble Pups. The Groups page has all the detailed information.
The Colorado Springs Mineralogical Society is a member of: